Home defeats for Redbridge and Ilford

PUBLISHED: 13:00 29 March 2015

Redbridge joint managers Dave Ross (right) and Ricky Eaton (pic: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO)

Redbridge joint managers Dave Ross (right) and Ricky Eaton (pic: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO)

Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO c/o 27 Plaiters Way, Braintree, Essex, CM7 3LR - Editorial Use ONLY - FA Premier League and Football League images are subject to DataCo Licencing restrictions

Disappointment for Motormen and Foxes

Redbridge 0 Wroxham 3

Redbridge are looking over their shoulders at the relegation zone once again after suffering a fourth successive defeat in Ryman North.

Motormen are four points above Barkingside, who have two games in hand, but have failed to find the net in those last four fixtures while conceding 12 goals.

Thrashed 7-0 at Aveley on Monday, the home side held out until the 38th minute at Oakside when Remy Gordon put the Yachtsmen ahead.

The visitors doubled their lead within a minute of the restart through Jamie Forshaw, who completed the scoring just before the hour to end any faint hopes of a Redbridge rally.

Motormen made a trio of changes in the final half hour, but could not make any inroads and must now wait until next Saturday to try and end their losing streak when Brightlingsea Regent visit.

Redbridge then visit Barkingside on Easter Monday in a crunch local derby.

Redbridge: Parker, Tatham (Wallace 80), G Winn, L Thomas (Parish 74), T Thomas, Murphy, J Gent (McKenzie 63), Damali, Cockman, Nougher, Adams. Unused subs: Hunt, Avery.


Ilford 0 Stansted 2

Allan Fenn’s Ilford produced one of their worst performances of the Essex Senior League season to fall to defeat at Cricklefield Stadium.

Fenn wanted the Foxes to gain the upper hand over the Airportmen in the race for fourth place but saw them fall behind when Olly Fortune netted for the visitors.

Stansted had penalty appeals turned down and put another good chance wide before the break as Ilford struggled to find their form.

Cameron Turner headed over for the visitors after the restart, before Ilford had a chance at the other end.

Stansted doubled their lead soon after when a long throw-in found Billy Turner, who volleyed into the bottom corner.

And the home side missed two more good chances to get themselves back into the game as they finished empty-handed.

Fenn tweeted: “Worst performance of the season today. They thoroughly deserved it.”

Ilford welcome title chasing Bowers to Cricklefield next weekend.

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ilford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Ilford Recorder