Search

Essex Senior League: Redbridge set to take the weekend off ahead of Hullbridge Sports clash

PUBLISHED: 15:00 01 September 2016

Redbridge joint-manager Dave Ross (pic: George Phillipou/TGS Photo)

Redbridge joint-manager Dave Ross (pic: George Phillipou/TGS Photo)

©TGS Photo tgsphoto.co.uk +44 8450 946026

Motormen without a game on Non-League Day

Redbridge joint-manager Dave Ross is disappointed his side are without a game this weekend, but knows it allows the squad time to improve in certain areas.

The Motormen are not in action again until next Tuesday, when they visit Hullbridge Sports, looking to extend a three-game unbeaten run.

It means Redbridge will miss out on playing on ‘Non-League Day’, but Ross is hopeful the weekend off from competitive action is well spent.

“We’ve had a lot of games in the first month, but it is still frustrating not to have a game, even if it’s just until Thursday,” said Ross.

“It does mean, though, that we can have a fitness session with the squad this weekend instead and keep ourselves ticking over ahead of the Hullbridge game.”

Ross will also be hoping that the break between matches means he will have a full strength side to pick from for the game against Sports, having been unable to do so for much of the season so far.

The Motormen head into the match on a three-game unbeaten run following a 4-0 win against Burnham Ramblers on Tuesday night, with Adam Hunt netting a hat-trick.

Aron Gordon netted the other goal for the Motormen as they won at home for the second game in succession to move into the top half of the table.

Sports, meanwhile, lost for just the second time this season, 4-1 away to Barking, on Monday and sit third in the standings with four wins to their name thus far and are due to face Takeley this weekend.

Ross knows Redbridge will be given a tough test on Tuesday, but hopes they are ready.

“Hullbridge are a good side who have started well and we know it’s going to be another tough game, but hopefully we can get all of the squad together,” said Ross.

“The first time this season we had the squad all together was against Burnham on Tuesday and it showed.

“We knew Burnham have been struggling this season and though it was a good display, we’re not getting carried away.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ilford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Most Read

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Most Read

Latest from the Ilford Recorder