FC Leytonstone start 2020 with record win
- Credit: Archant
FC Leytonstone began 2020 with a bang thanks to a record-breaking 10-3 win over Rainham in the Essex Combination.
They made a slow start, as the home side scored twice in the first 10 minutes.
But Zulqi Khan then pulled one goal back and Ibrahim Khan levelled it up from the penalty spot.
As the game opened up, Zulqi Khan helped himself to four more goals, while Ibrahim Khan struck twice more to complete his own hat-trick.
And Ahmed Pels got in on the act with a brace to help the Lemons hit double figures for the first time in the league.
You may also want to watch:
The win leaves Leytonstone four points behind leaders AC Milano, who have a game in hand, and manager Munaf Abhram said: "It was a great team performance. We were ruthless in front of goal and ran riot.
"Praise to our full-backs, who gave a new dimension to the attack, and thanks to our sponsors Al Israa for their continuous support."
- 1 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 2 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 4 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 5 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 6 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 8 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 9 Jailed: Seven Kings man gets 14 years for hammer attack
- 10 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh