FC Leytonstone start 2020 with record win
- Credit: Archant
FC Leytonstone began 2020 with a bang thanks to a record-breaking 10-3 win over Rainham in the Essex Combination.
They made a slow start, as the home side scored twice in the first 10 minutes.
But Zulqi Khan then pulled one goal back and Ibrahim Khan levelled it up from the penalty spot.
As the game opened up, Zulqi Khan helped himself to four more goals, while Ibrahim Khan struck twice more to complete his own hat-trick.
And Ahmed Pels got in on the act with a brace to help the Lemons hit double figures for the first time in the league.
You may also want to watch:
The win leaves Leytonstone four points behind leaders AC Milano, who have a game in hand, and manager Munaf Abhram said: "It was a great team performance. We were ruthless in front of goal and ran riot.
"Praise to our full-backs, who gave a new dimension to the attack, and thanks to our sponsors Al Israa for their continuous support."
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening