Former Essex captain Ryan ten Doeschate set to retire
- Credit: Nick Wood/TGS Photo
Former Essex club captain and Netherlands international Ryan ten Doeschate will retire at the end of 2021, the county has announced.
The all-rounder joined Essex in 2003, captaining them to two County Championship titles and playing a key role in their Bob Willis Trophy triumph last season.
He also made 55 white-ball appearances for the Netherlands.
“From the bottom of my heart I’d like to thank everyone who has been involved with Essex during my time at the club," the 41-year-old said.
“It’s been the greatest professional experience to grow in this environment, to watch the organisation and the individuals within it evolve and become something that I am extremely proud to have been a part of.
“Coming from Cape Town, to be given a chance to pursue my dream seems a million moons ago.
"We’ve shared some remarkable times but for me, the biggest achievement has been making a home away from home."
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 3 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 4 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 5 No more strikes planned at school but dispute resolution unclear
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 7 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 10 Waiting almost over as business award winners to be revealed