Essex Senior League: Redbridge 2 Southend Manor 0
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Redbridge grabbed an important victory to keep their quest for promotion alive as they sealed a 2-0 victory against Southend Manor.
The Motormen bounced back from the weekend’s 2-1 defeat to Sporting Bengal United thanks to goals from Eljay Worrell and Dan Gilchrist at Oakside.
They were bolstered by the addition of Barking winger Dan Gilchrist, who is dual registered, for the clash as they were desperate to get back to winning ways.
Worrell gave Redbridge the lead with seventeen minutes remaining before Gilchrist sealed the points with six minutes to go.
Ricky Eaton’s men are now level on points with FC Romania and Basildon United in the race for second as Great Wakering Rovers have pulled clear at the top of the Essex Senior League.
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge will now face Hackney Wick on Saturday before travelling away to Basildon United next Wednesday to wrap up their campaign.
They will most likely have to win both matches to secure promotion to the Bostik North.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours