Redbridge go top thanks to victory over Hoddesdon as Woodford turn fortunes around
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Redbridge came from behind to win 3-1 against Hoddesdon Town and go top of the Essex Senior League on goal difference.
The Motormen have now picked up three consecutive wins and will be hoping they can continue this form in the coming weeks and months as they bid to remain in the front pack.
A brace from Ibrahim Kehinde and a goal from Jack Chawner was enough to seal the win for George Christou’s men at the Oakside Stadium last night.
They will now take on Tooting and Mitcham United in the cup on Saturday as they look to build on their strong league form.
Redbridge have also brought in Oscar Shelvey from Aveley and signed midfielder Sak Hassan on a dual registration with Hornchurch this week to bolster their options.
You may also want to watch:
League rivals Woodford Town also turn to cup action as they will make the trip away to Woodbridge Town on Saturday on the back of victories over Southend Manor and Sporting Bengal United in the league.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 8 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals