Essex Senior League: Ilford, Tower Hamlers and Clapton suffer defeats
- Credit: Archant
Ilford, Tower Hamlets and Clapton all suffered defeats to start the new decade and mark the return of Essex Senior League football.
The Foxes fell to a narrow 1-0 defeat at home to Cockfosters thanks to a 72nd minute goal from James Verney.
The defeat leaves Jonny Fowell's men sitting 12th in the league table after 20 games played while Cockfosters move up to eighth.
Tower Hamlets lost 2-1 to high-flying Hashtag United in their clash but put in a good effort.
Goals from Sam Byles and Ricky Evans sealed the three points for their opponents at the Mile End Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
Hamlets now sit 15th in the table as they head into the second-half of the campaign looking to start climbing up.
Clapton lost 2-1 to league leaders Walthamstow despite a goal from Jaydon Charles in the contest.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 8 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
Goals from Daniel McCullock and Dwade James sealed the win for Stow at Wadham Lodge Stadium to restore their place at the top of the table to start the new decade.