Essex Senior League: Ilford win appeal and back in the division
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The Foxes successfully appealed decision to vote them out of the Essex Senior League
Ilford have been reinstated into the Essex Senior League with immediate effect after successful appealing the decision to vote them out of the competition.
Last month the Foxes were voted out of the division at the Annual General Meeting after several missed deadlines for overdue league fees and fines.
Allan Fenn’s team confirmed they were looking to appeal the decision and this morning they had a hearing in front of an FA Panel.
After both sides had their cases heard, it was confirmed that Ilford had been allowed back into the Essex Senior League.
You may also want to watch:
Fenn has made a number of impressive signings this summer, so will be delighted with the decision ahead of the campaign starting on July 29.
It is now expected that fixtures for the 2017/18 Essex Senior League season will be published at some point this week.
- 1 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 4 Murder investigation launched after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 5 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 6 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 9 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 10 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
And Fenn and everyone involved at Ilford will be thrilled to see their name among the list of teams competing in the division.