Essex Senior League: Barkingside and Redbridge fall to defeats, while Tower Hamlets seal comfortable win
- Credit: Archant
Barkingside fell to a third straight Essex Senior League defeat as they lost 3-1 to Basildon United.
Side went ahead in the second half but then saw Marcus Bowers level from the spot before United’s new signing Luke Hornsley applied a cool finish to give the hosts the lead.
Ash Blackburn sealed the win for the Bees to put them just two points behind leaders Takeley.
Rivals Redbridge saw their eight game winning streak crushed by in-form Burnham Ramblers in a seven goal thriller at Leslie Field.
A Charlee Hughes hat-trick helped see Burnham to victory as they won 4-3 and continue to climb up the table.
You may also want to watch:
The Motormen put themselves 1-0 up after just eighteen when Brian Moses rammed home after a Reside Coxi-Sebastfao effort had hit the bar however the hosts fought back well and levelled in the 17th minute when a lovely ball released Hughes and he fired home.
And in the 27th minute the hosts led when Julian Bavin swivelled and volleyed home brilliantly and amazingly it was three for Ramblers when Hughes diverted a Bavin shot into the bottom corner.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
Eaton’s men hit back in first half stoppage time when an Eljay Worrell free kick was headed in by Lindisipho Mtyanda and then midway through the second period Worrell played a free kick into Coxi-Sebastfao who drilled home the equaliser for Redbridge.
With six minutes left Hughes completed his treble by hitting a dipping long range effort over keeper Lewis Greene to win the game for the hosts and make it three wins in a row.
Tower Hamlets have moved up to fifth after picking up a 5-2 victory against Stansted at Hargrave Park.
Luke With put the visitors ahead but saw Elias Siligato Olmas level midway through the first half.
Ade Abayomi and AJ Ashanike’s men restored their lead before Antonio Montiero increased Hamlets lead, only to see a wonder strike by Nick Brown make it 3-2.
Wale Odedoyin and O’Neal Rowe both netted and handed the visitors a three goal victory.