Essex batsman Dan Lawrence receives England test squad call-up
- Credit: PA
Essex batsman Dan Lawrence will join up with the England Test squad this weekend for their tour of Sri Lanka.
The 22-year-old played the last of his four matches for Brisbane Heat in the Big Bash League on Sunday, but failed to score in their four-wicket win over Hobart Hurricanes.
Lawrence managed a total of 41 runs in four innings for Brisbane, having shone for England Lions on their tour of Australia last summer, scoring two centuries in a haul of 498 runs, while also taking 11 wickets at 23 runs apiece.
And he will be hoping to make his Test debut behind closed doors in Galle after being named in a 16-man squad by the ECB.
England will train and prepare for the series at Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium in Hambantota before the two Tests are played in Galle, starting on January 14 and January 22.
You may also want to watch:
Lawrence has been a key member of the Essex line-up in recent years, helping them win two county championship titles, as well as the Vitality Blast T20 crown in 2019.
- 1 Ilford Salvation Army celebrates two anniversaries
- 2 Aldi Seven Kings teams up with Deliveroo
- 3 Sisters Porter and Sember picked for European Athletics Indoor Championships
- 4 'We've suffered with severe mouse infestation next door for 10 years'
- 5 Woodford Green runner Tiffany Porter beats sister at Grand Prix
- 6 'Long Covid' clinic set up by BHRUT for those still suffering
- 7 Calls for investigation into insurance giant's takeover of GP surgeries
- 8 Appeal to trace man following brutal Ilford gang rape
- 9 Sadiq Khan didn't have to make struggling Londoners pay more
- 10 Ilford driver slapped with School Streets fine after vandal turns sign the wrong way