Success for East London Runners at return of race series
- Credit: East London Runners
East London Runners men's team won the opening round of a regional running series.
The team took the honours in the first event of the East London Five Interclub Series (Elvis) held in Dagenham.
Last year's competition was cancelled due to Covid-19 and the club said it was great for the racing to take place again.
Patrick Brown was the club's first male runner to complete the five-mile course in 29 minutes 28 seconds.
Fabrizio Stefanoni followed three seconds further back, while Paul Woodmansey, Robert Spread, Scott McMillan and John Henry also scored points.
You may also want to watch:
The women's team came second behind Ilford AC, with Becky Evans the club's top female finisher in 36 minutes three seconds for first overall in the female over-50s category.
Kasia Stachowiak ran the course in 37 minutes 11 seconds and Ava Lee was top in the female over-40s category in 38 minutes two seconds.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit
Morag Campbell also knocked six minutes off her personal best time to finish in 47 minutes 41 seconds.