Roding Valley triathlete Claire Bloom celebrates birthday at Bedford triathlon
- Credit: Active Training World
Roding Valley Tri Club member Claire Bloom celebrated her birthday by taking on the challenge of the Bedford Sprint Triathlon on the weekend.
With a race start time of 7am, the Buckhurst Hill based triathlete arrived in Bedford to an air temperature of only nine degrees.
The event started with a 750m lake swim in Priory Park and the race set off with a rolling time trial start, rather than a mass start due to Covid restrictions.
Bloom exited the water with a time of 14:09 before transitioning onto the bike for a 21.70km ride which she completed in a time of 45:10.
It was then a 5km two-lap run on trail which she finished in 23:43 for an overall time of 1:26:28.
You may also want to watch:
Bloom finished first in her age category (55-59) and seventh overall in the female section.
She said: “The course was challenging, undulating in places with long descents which didn't feel downhill at all.”
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 5 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 6 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 7 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 8 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion