Arsenal ready to strengthen their Champions League grip at home to West Ham
- Credit: PA
Arsenal host West Ham United on Wednesday night in their game in hand in the Women's Super League.
Arsenal with a win can go three points clear of Manchester United in third with the Gunners having a better goal difference to boost.
Viktoria Schnaderbeck, Jennifer Beattie and Lisa Evans will be out for the game with injury but the Gunners are boosted by the return of Steph Catley and Noelle Maritz who were on the bench for Sunday's 2-0 win over Brighton.
West Ham have had an upturn in form and are unbeaten in their last four matches in all competitions including a 5-0 away win at Reading in the Women's Super League.
The last time the two teams met was in September at the Chigwell Construction Stadium with Arsenal winning 9-1.
Jill Roord netted a hat-trick, Vivianne Miedema netted a brace and goals from Beth Mead,Leah Williamson, Caitlin Foord and Kim Little added to the score.
The clubs have met five times with Arsenal winning all five of those games including an FA Cup clash in January 2020 in a match that Lia Wälti scored her first goal for the club in a 2-0 victory.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 3 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 4 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 5 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 6 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Covid-19: How Redbridge's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 10 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on
The match will be available to watch on the FA Player with a 7.30 kick off time.