Old Loughts 2s edged past Old Southendian 1s in their men’s Premier League contest.

The hosts were led in attack by former GB Olympian Jonty Clarke, as former M1s captains Harry Kempe and Ian Swallow returned from injury for Loughts.

The visitors started strongly with Andy MacGregor slotting the opener after a deft pass from Elliott Smith, but Giles Davies equalised within minutes.

Loughts continued to press and were awarded a string of penalty corners, with MacGregor scoring again from the fourth on 25 minutes.

Fraser Forbes added youth and speed up front for Loughts, as man of the match Alex Langdon kept out a series of Southendian short corners to help secure the win ahead of a trip to the University of East Anglia.

The M1s met Old Cranleighan in National League One South and gave away possession within 30 seconds, allowing their rivals to tap the ball in.

Loughts launched attack after attack but could not score as Cranleighan sat back, absorbed pressure and countered well.

They went 2-0 up from a well-worked short corner routine just before half-time, but Loughts continued to press in the third quarter and Tom Watson went close after charging down an aerial.

Max Sydenham finally found the net after good work from Sam Lowe on the left, but Cranleighan were awarded another short corner on the break with a minute to play and scored a third.

Loughts got back to winning ways against Brighton on Sunday.

Watson set them on their way with a fine goal on 19 minutes, before fine interplay between James Thomas and Mark Loughrey, plus an exquisite turn and finish from in-form Sydenham on 34 minutes extended the lead.

Thomas, who played with skill and conviction throughout, added a third and Loughts sealed a 4-0 win when Jack Moffatt converted with aplomb after Alex Robey and Sydenham combined.

Loughts M3s lost 2-1 at Harpenden 1s, while the M4s went down 3-1 at Saffron Walden 3s.

The M5s Willows beat Southend 2s 3-0 as Joshua King-Segal, Mark Berry and Phil Beauman scored, but Old Southendian 4s won 2-1 against Loughts 6s Willows Woodsmen.

The M7s Willows Rangers won 6-2 against Upminster 5s.

Old Loughtonians women travelled to Earlsfield to face Spencer following the half-term break.

Defences held firm in the first half, as both teams passed and pressed the ball at high speed.

And Maddy Newlyn flashed a shot just wide after a superb solo run in the second half, before captain Tash Patient produced a vital block on the line to deny the hosts.

Loughts upped their game in the final quarter, with efforts from Adele Sammons and Maddy Newlyn almost breaking the deadlock and a perfectly weighted reverse ball from Ella Dowling across the D finding Lucy Price who almost forced the ball home.

But the scoreline remained blank and Loughts face a tough test at home to Conference East leaders Guildford next Saturday.

The W2s drew 1-1 with Sudbury 1s, after Kim Grave scored after 25 minutes to give them the lead.

And despite dominating possession against Basildon 2s and winning numerous short corner the W3s lost 3-0.

The W4s also lost 3-0 after the long trek to play Old Southendian 2s, but the W5s continued their good form with a 4-2 win against Havering 3s as Poppy Dias scored a hat-trick and Esha Narwal added the fourth.

The U18 girls won 3-1 against Sunbury & Walton but the U14s lost 3-1 to Bishop's Stortford.

The U16 boys lost 3-0 to Stortford as the U14s lost 6-3 at Ipswich in the Tier 1 Cup.