Ilford bowed out of the FA Cup after losing their extra preliminary round replay to Colney Heath.

The Foxes had conceded an injury-time equaliser to their Spartan South Midland League opponents in their first meeting on Saturday and welcomed a big crowd back at Cricklefields.

But play was held up for some time after an early injury to Tobi James, who was unable to continue and replaced by Frederick Mattock.

And the Magpies went close on 12 minutes when Jordan Kinoshi chipped to the far post, before the same player gave them the lead five minutes later, finishing well in the box after being set up by Billy Owen.

Owen had a shot blocked after racing away midway through the half, while Ilford's final pass was letting them down too often.

They had a let-off on 33 minutes when Kinoshi hit a post, but got back on level terms soon after when a visiting defender stretched to meet a cross from the right only to put the ball into his own net.

The equaliser gave Ilford a boost and they went close to getting their noses in front when Josh Boxall was denied by a great save from the keeper five minutes before the break.

Tempers boiled over early in the second half, with both sides having a player booked.

And the tension continued to mount, with neither side wanting to make a costly mistake and chances at a premium.

Mattock showed great footwork to beat two defenders but fired just over the crossbar on 57 minutes, with Joe Lilly sending a free-kick just over moments later.

Ben Loftus produced a stunning save to keep Ilford on terms on 65 minutes, but was beaten soon after as Heath regained the lead against the run of play courtesy of Owen.

Ilford kept pushing and saw the ball flash across the face of goal and behind for a late corner, but they could not make five minutes of injury time count as Heath booked a preliminary round home tie against FC Romania.

Essex Senior League rivals Athletic Newham face a replay at Tooting & Mitcham tonight (Tuesday), after coming back from 3-0 down in the last 12 minutes to draw 3-3 - with 10 men - thanks to a Richard Kone hat-trick.

Sporting Bengal United trailed Stansfeld by three goals inside a quarter of an hour, but also fought their way back to level with goals from Matthew Ball, Sam Edwards and Kachi Yassine.

They conceded a late fourth, but a last-gasp effort from Yassine made it 4-4 and set up a second meeting.

Barking are back in league action at home against Tilbury, having beaten Cockfosters to set up a trip to Heybridge Swifts.

And Romford visit Great Wakering after running out 4-1 winners at Halstead Town to earn a home tie against Welwyn Garden City.