Honours finished even after a frantic finish to the Essex Senior League derby between Frenford and Woodford Town at The Drive.

Frenford had lost on their step five debut at Little Oakley (2-0) at the weekend, while Woods won 3-0 at Takeley.

And the hosts were forced into an early change with Tyler Morgan replacing the injured Dion Johnston, while the visitors opened the scoring midway through the first half with a fine strike from Dimitri Christou.

That looked like proving decisive but Frenford were awarded a penalty two minutes from time, with Lewis Bartrip's effort saved by Eddie Allan, who also kept out the first follow-up attempt, before Kieran David found the net to level.

The home side's joy was shortlived as Woods restored their lead almost immediately, but there was another twist in the tale for a crowd of 125, as Frenford won a second penalty in the final minute and saw Ben Bridgman step up on this occasion to convert from 12 yards and ensure the spoils were shared.



Athletic Newham had won their opening match at Tilbury (3-0) on Saturday, but were brought down to earth by a 4-1 loss against West Essex at Wadham Lodge.

But they were left with a mountain to climb after conceding three goals inside 20 minutes

Greg Frederick opened the scoring for the home side after just two minutes, with Ruben Bartlett-Antwi doubling the advantage moments later.

David Bell added the third from the penalty spot to leave Athletic shellshocked, but they avoided any further damage until just before the hour mark, when Bartlett-Antwi grabbed his second.

Daniel Izekor replied soon after, but it proved only a consolation for the visitors.

Clapton Community, meanwhile, ran out winners by the same 4-1 margin in their Thurlow Nunn League Division One South encounter with Newbury Forest at Oakside Stadium.

The home side, playing their first game of the campaign, had an early chance but saw Jack Francis tip the ball over on 12 minutes.

And Arthur Wright opened the scoring against the run of play for the visitors - who had drawn 0-0 at Wormley Rovers on Saturday - when beating the keeper to the ball just outside the box and poking it into the net.

Forest had chances to hit back, but the visitors were awarded a penalty when Wright was brought down in the box.

And Julian Austin made no mistake from the spot to make it 2-0 at the interval.



The hosts hit back after the restart, but Wright restored the two-goal cushion when clipping the ball over the keeper.

And Clapton CFC completed a good night's work when Dean Bouro's clearance from inside his own half was misjudged by the Forest custodian, who saw the ball bounce over his head and trickle into the net.



Wednesday sees a host of local clubs in action, with Romford hosting Buckhurst Hill in the Essex Senior League at the Lawtech Stadium, while landlords Barking visit White Ensign.

Tower Hamlets travel to Basildon Town in Thurlow Nunn One South, while Hutton and Barkingside meet at Billericay Town's New Lodge ground, Clapton host Brimsdown, Hackney Wick entertain Burnham Ramblers and May & Baker welcome Cannons Wood to Aveley's Parkside Stadium.