Youth spared jail for Seven Kings station mugging
A youth has been spared jail after robbing a commuter at Seven Kings train station.
The 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, snatched an iPhone from the woman as she was waiting for a train on August 3.
He fled the station but British Transport Police officers traced the offender using CCTV footage.
The stolen phone was not recovered.
The boy received a two year youth rehabilitation order after pleading guilty to robbery at the Youth Court at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
He must attend 80 hours of appointments with police officers over the next year, wear an electronic tag and stay at home between 9pm and 7am for three months.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 4 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Plans for retail park development move step closer