Youth spared jail for Seven Kings station mugging
A youth has been spared jail after robbing a commuter at Seven Kings train station.
The 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, snatched an iPhone from the woman as she was waiting for a train on August 3.
He fled the station but British Transport Police officers traced the offender using CCTV footage.
The stolen phone was not recovered.
The boy received a two year youth rehabilitation order after pleading guilty to robbery at the Youth Court at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
He must attend 80 hours of appointments with police officers over the next year, wear an electronic tag and stay at home between 9pm and 7am for three months.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 3 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague