Youth spared jail for Seven Kings station mugging
A youth has been spared jail after robbing a commuter at Seven Kings train station.
The 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, snatched an iPhone from the woman as she was waiting for a train on August 3.
He fled the station but British Transport Police officers traced the offender using CCTV footage.
The stolen phone was not recovered.
The boy received a two year youth rehabilitation order after pleading guilty to robbery at the Youth Court at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
He must attend 80 hours of appointments with police officers over the next year, wear an electronic tag and stay at home between 9pm and 7am for three months.
- 1 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 2 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 3 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 6 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Sam Tarry MP: 'My focus is on job creation in Ilford'
- 8 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder