Your guide to summer holiday events in Redbridge
Has Andy Murray’s Wimbledon victory inspired you to pick up a tennis racket, or have you got a burning desire to let your creative juices flow? Well now you can.
With the summer holidays upon us, Redbridge Council has lined up a host of activities for youngsters looking to keep active in the summer.
Here is a guide to what is on over the next seven days, and don’t forget to check back again next week for a fresh diet of events.
Takes lessons in hadri taekwondo at Caterham High School’s gym in Caterham Avenue, Clayhall. Classes are open to boys and girls aged seven years and over every Thursday from 7-9pm. Each session is £5 and the first is free. Call Ehsan Ali on 07737 072 155.
You may also want to watch:
Create a Victorian-style glass bird wonder dome at Valentines Mansion and Gardens, Emerson Road, Ilford. The Brilliant Bird Wonder Domes summer holiday activity is open to children aged five and over from 10.30am-12.30pm. Tickets are £3.50. Call 020 8708 8100.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
Leapfrog Holiday Club will be offering a whole host of activities to keep three to 14 year olds occupied at Seven Kings United Free Church, Meads Lane, Seven Kings. It is open Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm. Call 020 8597 4259.
Have your face splattered with paint at Keith Axon Library, Grove Road, Chadwell Heath. Face paining will run from 10.30-11.30am for five to 12 year olds for £1.50. Call 020 8708 0790.
Enjoy Stories, rhymes and songs at Woodford Green Library, Snakes Lane West, Woodford Green. The free event is for children aged five and under and runs from 2.30pm. Call 020 8708 9055.
Get to grips with badminton at The Jack Carter Centre in The Drive, Ilford. Sessions for children aged 11 to 16 are from 6.30-8pm. Admission for members is £1 a session and for non-members £2. Call 020 8518 0992.
Learn what it takes to be an athletics champion at an athletics club at Cricklefield Stadium, High Road, Ilford. It is for 11 to 18 year olds and runs from 6.30-7.45pm.