Your guide to Redbridge half term events
Whether you’re looking for some hilarious half term fun or merely something to keep the kids occupied for a couple of hours, we’ve found the best activities going on around the borough. From giant bugs and pigeons driving buses to making kites and comics, amazing activities are on offer for all the family.
• Explore the grounds of Valentines Mansion, Emerson Road, Ilford, from 10am-5pm, and play some outdoor games. A card making workshop is also on offer. Suitable for all ages. Crafts cost £2.
• Learn the art of badminton at the Jack Carter Centre, The Drive, Ilford, from 6.30-8pm. The lessons are suitable for 11- to 16-year-olds and cost £1. Call 020 8518 0992 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
• Music, audience participation and lots of laughter is in store at the Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus show at Wanstead Library, Spratt Hall Road, Wanstead. The performance starts at 2.30pm and is suitable for three- to seven-year-olds. Tickets £7. Call 020 8708 3044.
• Fun and games are on offer at Gants Hill Library for an afternoon of Wii gaming, from 2.30-3.30pm. The session is at the library, Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill and is suitable for five- to 12-year-olds. Free. Book on 020 8708 9274.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
• Make your garden a haven for mini-beasts and create your own giant bug at Valentines Mansion, Emerson Road, Ilford. Activities from 10.30am-noon and from 2-3.30pm. Suitable for all ages and costs £3.50. Booking necessary on 020 8708 8100.
• Donkey rides are on offer at Hainault Forest Country Park, Fox Burrow Road, Hainault, from 10.30am-3.30pm. The activities are suitable for all ages and cost £2.50 per child.
Thursday (May 30)
• The sky’s the limit at the kite making workshop at Seven Kings Library, High Road, Seven Kings. Suitable for five- to 12-year-olds and costs £1.50 per child. Call 020 8708 9780 for information.
• Create your own crazy comic from 2-4pm with cartoonist James Parsons at Fullwell Cross Library, High Street, Barkingside. Suitable for children over seven and costs £2. Call 020 8708 9281 to find out more.
Friday (May 31)
• Make your own twisted storage pot at Seven Kings Library, High Road, Seven Kings, from 10.30-11.30am. Suitable for five- to 12-year- olds and costs £1.50. Call 020 8708 9780.
• Have fun making a hungry caterpillar at the Redbridge Central Library, from 10.30-11.30am. The session is at the library, in Clements Road, Ilford and is suitable for five- to 12-year-olds and costs £1.50. Call 020 8708 2414.