Your guide to events in Redbridge keeping children busy over summer holiday
Learn what it was like to be a doctor 100 years ago, practice the skills that gave Andy Murray a Wimbledon title, or go roller skating in just three of countless activities keeping children in the borough busy during the summer holidays.
Here is a guide to what is on over the next seven days:
• Enjoy stories, rhymes and songs at Hainault Library, Manford Way, Hainault. The free session is for those aged five and under and their parents. It starts at 10am and lasts for 30 minutes. No booking is needed.
• Want to emulate Andy Murray’s tennis success? Try your hand at the game in a tennis camp at Warren Clay Court Tennis Club, Overton Drive, Wanstead. It is for ages four to 16 and runs from 10am-1pm until September 4. Prices start at £15 per session or £12 per session if two or more sessions are booked per week. Call 07800 876 681.
You may also want to watch:
• Transform into a lion or a fairy, or anything else your heart desires, at a face painting morning at Fullwell Cross Library, High Street, Barkingside. It is for ages three to 12, runs from 10.30-11.30am and costs £1.50. Call 020 8708 9281.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 5 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 6 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 7 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 8 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion
• Make a mini forest at Redbridge Museum, Central Library, Clements Road, Ilford. Get creative from 10am-5pm. The event is free and for all ages. Call 020 8708 2317.
• Slip on your skates and take a rollerskating lesson at Redbridge Sports and Leisure, Forest Road, Barkingside. The Razza Roller Disco is from 6.30-7.45pm and is £6 including skate hire. All ages are welcome. Call 07450 570 083.
• Budding actors can try their hand at drama in a workshop provided by Splats Entertainment. Create your own version of the Creepy House story at Fullwell Cross Library, High Street, Barkingside, from 2-3.30pm. It is for ages six to 11 and costs £2.50. Call 020 8708 9281.
• Journey back to when Valentines Mansion was used as a hospital and discover remedies and medicines that would have been used. The fun runs from 2-3.30pm at the historic house in Emerson Road, Ilford. It is for ages five and over, and costs £3.50. Call 020 8708 8100.