Your guide to events in Redbridge keeping children busy over summer holiday
Learn what it was like to be a doctor 100 years ago, practice the skills that gave Andy Murray a Wimbledon title, or go roller skating in just three of countless activities keeping children in the borough busy during the summer holidays.
Here is a guide to what is on over the next seven days:
• Enjoy stories, rhymes and songs at Hainault Library, Manford Way, Hainault. The free session is for those aged five and under and their parents. It starts at 10am and lasts for 30 minutes. No booking is needed.
• Want to emulate Andy Murray’s tennis success? Try your hand at the game in a tennis camp at Warren Clay Court Tennis Club, Overton Drive, Wanstead. It is for ages four to 16 and runs from 10am-1pm until September 4. Prices start at £15 per session or £12 per session if two or more sessions are booked per week. Call 07800 876 681.
You may also want to watch:
• Transform into a lion or a fairy, or anything else your heart desires, at a face painting morning at Fullwell Cross Library, High Street, Barkingside. It is for ages three to 12, runs from 10.30-11.30am and costs £1.50. Call 020 8708 9281.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 9 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
• Make a mini forest at Redbridge Museum, Central Library, Clements Road, Ilford. Get creative from 10am-5pm. The event is free and for all ages. Call 020 8708 2317.
• Slip on your skates and take a rollerskating lesson at Redbridge Sports and Leisure, Forest Road, Barkingside. The Razza Roller Disco is from 6.30-7.45pm and is £6 including skate hire. All ages are welcome. Call 07450 570 083.
• Budding actors can try their hand at drama in a workshop provided by Splats Entertainment. Create your own version of the Creepy House story at Fullwell Cross Library, High Street, Barkingside, from 2-3.30pm. It is for ages six to 11 and costs £2.50. Call 020 8708 9281.
• Journey back to when Valentines Mansion was used as a hospital and discover remedies and medicines that would have been used. The fun runs from 2-3.30pm at the historic house in Emerson Road, Ilford. It is for ages five and over, and costs £3.50. Call 020 8708 8100.