Youngsters turning into designers and models for the day wow parents with Chadwell Heath fashion show
- Credit: Archant
Celebrating London Fashion Week in their own style, more than 30 children got the experience to act as designers and models all in one day.
LuvlyBubbly, based in Somerville Road, Chadwell Heath, held a fashion workshop where boys and girls could customise T-shirts, make tutus and strut their stuff down a red carpet.
Bev Bispham, of LuvlyBubbly, who organised the event, said: “Our main aim was to teach children creativity and get them to make some amazing things that they will be proud of.”
There were two workshops during the day for children aged from five to 10 years old, where they could scatter rhinestones on their shirts and with a little help from the LuvlyBubbly team, the design was then ironed on.
Making their way down the catwalk, 34 children showed off their designs to proud parents. They all received a certificate and fashion bag.
Carla Chadwick, mum of Sierra Chadwick from Woodford Green, thanked Bev personally for her help and said: “All of the kids were so happy and the red carpet was a hit.”
Bev added: “It was a lot of hard work but it was so much fun!”
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 3 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 4 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 5 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 6 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Covid-19: How Redbridge's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 10 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on