Youngsters turning into designers and models for the day wow parents with Chadwell Heath fashion show
- Credit: Archant
Celebrating London Fashion Week in their own style, more than 30 children got the experience to act as designers and models all in one day.
LuvlyBubbly, based in Somerville Road, Chadwell Heath, held a fashion workshop where boys and girls could customise T-shirts, make tutus and strut their stuff down a red carpet.
Bev Bispham, of LuvlyBubbly, who organised the event, said: “Our main aim was to teach children creativity and get them to make some amazing things that they will be proud of.”
There were two workshops during the day for children aged from five to 10 years old, where they could scatter rhinestones on their shirts and with a little help from the LuvlyBubbly team, the design was then ironed on.
Making their way down the catwalk, 34 children showed off their designs to proud parents. They all received a certificate and fashion bag.
You may also want to watch:
Carla Chadwick, mum of Sierra Chadwick from Woodford Green, thanked Bev personally for her help and said: “All of the kids were so happy and the red carpet was a hit.”
Bev added: “It was a lot of hard work but it was so much fun!”
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved