Youngsters join in fun at Newbridge School autumn fete
- Credit: Archant
Children had their faces painted and everything from cakes to bric-a-brac went on sale at a school’s autumn fete.
Youngsters got in the spirit of the event held at Newbridge School, Barley Lane, Goodmayes, on Saturday, with visitors taking part in a raffle.
Among the guests were police officers, firefighters and Redbridge Mayor Cllr Barbara White.
Newbridge School PFA Committee member Harvey Sharpe, one of the organisers, said: “Thanks to all the staff, parents, friends, stall holders and donators – especially for donating bric-a-brac and raffle prizes.
“The fete as usual is a wonderful community event and it is marvellous to see such a crowded hall. I also would like to thank the fire service, local police and the band from Barking who attended and basically everybody involved.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The raffle went down very well, especially as one of the prizes was a 5ft bear.”
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 8 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 9 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 10 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown