Young woman on walk home forced to give watch to robbers
- Credit: Archant
A woman was forced to take off her watch and hand it to two men in a late night robbery.
Police are appealing for information after an 18-year-old woman was robbed in Gaysham Avenue, Gants Hill, at 11.30pm on Friday.
The woman was approached from behind by two Asian men as she walked home.
One grabbed her arm and tried to remove her watch.
When he couldn’t remove it himself he demanded the victim remove it. The suspects took the watch and ran from the scene.
You may also want to watch:
One is believed to be aged between 20 and 30 and around 5ft 10ins tall.
Investigating officer Det Con Michael Lai said: “This was a very traumatic incident to befall a young woman walking home alone
- 1 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 2 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 3 Sikh volunteer group hands out food to celebrate International Langar Week
- 4 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 5 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 6 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 7 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 10 Night Tube services to resume on Central line
“Thankfully she did not sustain any physical injury and hopefully will be recovering from her ordeal.”
Call Redbridge CID on 101.