Young woman escapes from fire in Barkingside flat
A young woman had a lucky escape from a fire in a first floor flat in Barkingside this morning.
Crews from Ilford and Hainault were called to the blaze in Cranbrook Road around 8.55am.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said the woman, thought to be in her 20s, had escaped the flat before firefighters arrived.
She was treated for smoke inhalation and minor burns on her hands by the London Ambulance Service.
The cause of the fire is not known. Crews are still at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see the fire? Call 0208 477 3821 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit