Young woman escapes from fire in Barkingside flat
A young woman had a lucky escape from a fire in a first floor flat in Barkingside this morning.
Crews from Ilford and Hainault were called to the blaze in Cranbrook Road around 8.55am.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said the woman, thought to be in her 20s, had escaped the flat before firefighters arrived.
She was treated for smoke inhalation and minor burns on her hands by the London Ambulance Service.
The cause of the fire is not known. Crews are still at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see the fire? Call 0208 477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 9 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 10 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague