Young singers attend Hainault workshop with leading choral conductor
- Credit: Archant
Singers involved in a youth music scheme were treated to a workshop from a leading choral conductor.
Thirty members of North East London Voices (NELV) attended a session at Fairlop Primary School, Colvin Gardens, Hainault, run by Suzi Digby, who works as a choral director.
The event, held last week, is one of many workshops to take place thanks to a youth music grant, which is managed by Redbridge Music Service, and which will go towards recruiting more singers for two choirs in Redbridge and Waltham Forest.
Members have already been honing their skills in different musical styles.
The two-year project will see the NELV choir perform in venues across Redbridge and the rest of London, as well as the creation of a youth musical in collaboration with Redbridge Drama Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone aged between 11 and 18 interested in singing, beatboxing or rapping is welcome to join.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 7 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts