Young Seven Kings dancer joins prestigious ballet production
A 13-year-old ballet dancer from Seven Kings has been plucked from over 200 hopefuls to star in a professional production of Swan Lake.
Elizabeth Tsareva is a pupil at the Wenn Stage School, Seven Kings Road, which counts Brit Award winner Jessie J among its former pupils. Elizabeth is set to appear in the English Youth Ballet’s (EYB) production at the 920-seat Orchard Theatre, Dartford, next month, playing one of the swans.
She will feature in three performances alongside the company’s principal artists and is currently getting a taste of a professional ballet dancer’s life, with an intensive 13 day rehearsal process.
The talented dancer, who lived in Audley Gardens, Seven Kings, with her family for eight years until recently moving to Hackney, said:
“I am really excited to be in Swan Lake and I am so happy I was offered the part.
You may also want to watch:
“Performing with the professional dancers is amazing and it makes me practice more so that hopefully one day I will be as good as them.”
Her mother Elena Tsareva said:
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 7 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague
- 8 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 9 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 10 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
“I’m so excited, it’s her first professional performance with professional dancers.
“It’s going to be so challenging for us both because I’ll be so nervous watching her.
“I’ve told all my friends and I’ll be showing off my little dancer. I’m really proud.
“I’ve put a lot of resources in to her dancing but I don’t regret the experience because she has the chance to be on the stage.”
Company manager, Ben Garner, says: “Working with EYB will be one of the highlights of these talented young dancer’s careers, to date.”
The performances will be from March 23 to March 24.
For tickets call 01322 22000 or visit www.orchardtheatre.co.uk.