Young Redbridge footballers and netball players battle for tournament title
Young Redbridge footballers and netball players competed to be the champions of a football and netball tournament on Saturday.
The under 11s football festival and netball tournament was hosted by Chigwell School, in High Road, Chigwell.
Bancroft’s School, in Woodfood Green, took the netball crown out of 18 teams but no overall winner triumphed in the 24 team football tournament.
A Chigwell School spokesman said: “All matches were competitive and there was an impressive high standard of play.”
The Independent Schools Football Association helped run the annual event, which drew teams from schools including Forest School, Fairlop Primary School and Woodford Green Preparatory School.
You may also want to watch:
Spectators and hungry participants also enjoyed a barbecue run by The Friends of Chigwell School.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 5 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine