Young Redbridge footballers and netball players battle for tournament title
Young Redbridge footballers and netball players competed to be the champions of a football and netball tournament on Saturday.
The under 11s football festival and netball tournament was hosted by Chigwell School, in High Road, Chigwell.
Bancroft’s School, in Woodfood Green, took the netball crown out of 18 teams but no overall winner triumphed in the 24 team football tournament.
A Chigwell School spokesman said: “All matches were competitive and there was an impressive high standard of play.”
The Independent Schools Football Association helped run the annual event, which drew teams from schools including Forest School, Fairlop Primary School and Woodford Green Preparatory School.
You may also want to watch:
Spectators and hungry participants also enjoyed a barbecue run by The Friends of Chigwell School.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 6 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 7 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Councillor's year-long running challenge ends with £1.2k foodbank donation
- 10 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes