Young Ilford film-makers to have video screened at national Co-operative Film Festival
A music video made by two young film-makers from Ilford is to be screened at a national festival.
Anthony Smith, 20 and Jordan Willerton, 21, will have their video for Sound Asleep, by Sea of Keys, screened at the 2013 Co-operative Film Festival.
The festival will take place between Wednesday and Friday, July 19.
Anthony, who lives in Clayhall, said: “This is a great opportunity for us to get our work [out to the public and] develop more skills within the industry.
“I personally want to move into producing so it’s a great chance for me to see other producers as well as deal with an aspect of the film industry – festivals – that I have not been involved with before.
You may also want to watch:
“We now have clients paying us to make music videos for them.”
Their entry was one of 76 shortlisted from 153 submitted by film-makers aged under 22 from across the UK and internationally.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit
Films had to be under six minutes long, but of any genre.
• To watch the video, visit www.youtube.com and search “Sea of Keys Sound Asleep music video”.