Young Ilford film-makers to have video screened at national Co-operative Film Festival
A music video made by two young film-makers from Ilford is to be screened at a national festival.
Anthony Smith, 20 and Jordan Willerton, 21, will have their video for Sound Asleep, by Sea of Keys, screened at the 2013 Co-operative Film Festival.
The festival will take place between Wednesday and Friday, July 19.
Anthony, who lives in Clayhall, said: “This is a great opportunity for us to get our work [out to the public and] develop more skills within the industry.
“I personally want to move into producing so it’s a great chance for me to see other producers as well as deal with an aspect of the film industry – festivals – that I have not been involved with before.
You may also want to watch:
“We now have clients paying us to make music videos for them.”
Their entry was one of 76 shortlisted from 153 submitted by film-makers aged under 22 from across the UK and internationally.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Redbridge Tories urge front desk re-opening at Barkingside Police Station
- 8 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
Films had to be under six minutes long, but of any genre.
• To watch the video, visit www.youtube.com and search “Sea of Keys Sound Asleep music video”.