Young Gants Hill dancers help raise money for terminally ill mother
- Credit: Archant
A children’s dance group held a charity fete in aid of one of their mothers who has terminal cancer.
Dance Express, Gants Hill, organised Christmas activities, DJs and stalls at St George’s Church, Woodford Avenue, to raise money for the family struggling with the disease.
Lucy Shwartz, 22, an ex-student who helped organise the day earlier this month, said more than 100 people turned up and they managed to raise £1,200 which was far more than the ill mother had expected.
Lucy said: “She was over the moon and she was blown away.
“It was a lovely day with a great atmosphere.”
You may also want to watch:
The family used some of the money to take a weekend trip away to recuperate and spend some family time together.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 7 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 8 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 9 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts