X Factor’s Cher Lloyd booed at South Woodford club
Star left clubbers disappointed at brief showing
X FACTOR star Cher Lloyd caused a stir when she strutted into South Woodford last week.
Fresh from her success on the hit TV show, Cher, 17, performed three songs at Funky Mojoe in High Road on January 2.
The event attracted a number of The Only Way is Essex cast including love rat Mark Wright and best pal James Argent who posed for pictures.
But fans were left disappointed by the rapper, who sported a new red hairstyle, because of the length of her appearance.
You may also want to watch:
Clubber Rachel Saunt, 23, of Empress Avenue, Woodford Green said: “Cher’s performance was brilliant and included some of her trademark rapping.
“But some people were annoyed she didn’t stay that long and there was some booing.”
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
Cher, who came fourth on the ITV1 talent contest, dressed to impress donning a jumper with a leopard print heart, fingerless gloves, hoop earrings, and a chain which featured the words “Turn UR Cher On.”
Club manager Kerry O’Reilly said: “Cher did a great job and performed the agreed set.
“Lots of people told me how excited they were that she was here and we had reached capactiy by 10.30pm.”
X Factor runner up Rebecca Ferguson will appear at the club on January 21 and will perform her version of Robin S dance classic Show Me Love.
For more information visit www.twitter.com/funkymojoe.