X Factor’s Cher Lloyd booed at South Woodford club
Star left clubbers disappointed at brief showing
X FACTOR star Cher Lloyd caused a stir when she strutted into South Woodford last week.
Fresh from her success on the hit TV show, Cher, 17, performed three songs at Funky Mojoe in High Road on January 2.
The event attracted a number of The Only Way is Essex cast including love rat Mark Wright and best pal James Argent who posed for pictures.
But fans were left disappointed by the rapper, who sported a new red hairstyle, because of the length of her appearance.
You may also want to watch:
Clubber Rachel Saunt, 23, of Empress Avenue, Woodford Green said: “Cher’s performance was brilliant and included some of her trademark rapping.
“But some people were annoyed she didn’t stay that long and there was some booing.”
- 1 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 2 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 3 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 4 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 5 Hainault woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 6 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 New entrance opened at Ilford Station to support Elizabeth line
- 9 Fire at block of maisonettes in Wanstead
- 10 Redbridge school's staff to strike over Covid working dispute
Cher, who came fourth on the ITV1 talent contest, dressed to impress donning a jumper with a leopard print heart, fingerless gloves, hoop earrings, and a chain which featured the words “Turn UR Cher On.”
Club manager Kerry O’Reilly said: “Cher did a great job and performed the agreed set.
“Lots of people told me how excited they were that she was here and we had reached capactiy by 10.30pm.”
X Factor runner up Rebecca Ferguson will appear at the club on January 21 and will perform her version of Robin S dance classic Show Me Love.
For more information visit www.twitter.com/funkymojoe.