X Factor contestant Lydia Lucy performs at fundraiser for 12-year-old boy with leukaemia
- Credit: Archant
Friends and family of a boy with leukaemia, asthma and bronchiectasis have started a charity in his name.
Nevan Needs You – set up to award 12-year-old Nevan McGing with some much-needed respite – sawX Factor contestant Lydia Lucy perform at a fundraiser yesterday.
Nevan’s mother Gemma McGing, 31, of Christie Gardens, Chadwell Heath, said: “He’s had such a bad time with leukaemia and he’s been in and out of hospital most of his life so with the money we will do anything to make him feel better and take his mind off things.”
Nevan is undergoing chemotherapy and is due a bone marrow transplant. He was diagnosed with the cancer in November and has suffered from the breathing conditions since he was three.
The fundraiser is at Mill House Social Club, Dagenham.
You may also want to watch:
Anybody who wishes to donate money can do so at www.gofundme.com/5wshp0, or if you wish to donate prizes or buy tickets call organiser Bridget O’Driscoll on 07462 852976.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 4 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?