X Factor contestant Lydia Lucy performs at fundraiser for 12-year-old boy with leukaemia
- Credit: Archant
Friends and family of a boy with leukaemia, asthma and bronchiectasis have started a charity in his name.
Nevan Needs You – set up to award 12-year-old Nevan McGing with some much-needed respite – sawX Factor contestant Lydia Lucy perform at a fundraiser yesterday.
Nevan’s mother Gemma McGing, 31, of Christie Gardens, Chadwell Heath, said: “He’s had such a bad time with leukaemia and he’s been in and out of hospital most of his life so with the money we will do anything to make him feel better and take his mind off things.”
Nevan is undergoing chemotherapy and is due a bone marrow transplant. He was diagnosed with the cancer in November and has suffered from the breathing conditions since he was three.
The fundraiser is at Mill House Social Club, Dagenham.
You may also want to watch:
Anybody who wishes to donate money can do so at www.gofundme.com/5wshp0, or if you wish to donate prizes or buy tickets call organiser Bridget O’Driscoll on 07462 852976.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 9 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 10 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute