Work underway to install crossings at Newbury Park junction near primary school
Workmen are a week into carrying out safety improvements on a busy Newbury Park road, which will include the installation of a “green man” crossing to aid pedestrians.
The works on the A12 Eastern Avenue with Aldborough Road, near William Torbitt Primary School, began on Saturday last week and are due to last up to 10 weeks.
Transport for London (TfL) has appointed Ringway Jacobs to carry out the work to improve facilities for crossing Aldborough Road North and Aldborough Road South.
TfL is also installing traffic lights at the entrance to Newbury Park Tube station in Eastern Avenue.
Driver Jothi Sriskandapalan, 29, was killed in a collision with another car at the junction in May.
You may also want to watch:
The previous fatality was 69-year-old Dusan Danilovic, who was killed in a pile-up on January 1, 2011.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 8 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 10 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford