Work underway to install crossings at Newbury Park junction near primary school
Workmen are a week into carrying out safety improvements on a busy Newbury Park road, which will include the installation of a “green man” crossing to aid pedestrians.
The works on the A12 Eastern Avenue with Aldborough Road, near William Torbitt Primary School, began on Saturday last week and are due to last up to 10 weeks.
Transport for London (TfL) has appointed Ringway Jacobs to carry out the work to improve facilities for crossing Aldborough Road North and Aldborough Road South.
TfL is also installing traffic lights at the entrance to Newbury Park Tube station in Eastern Avenue.
Driver Jothi Sriskandapalan, 29, was killed in a collision with another car at the junction in May.
You may also want to watch:
The previous fatality was 69-year-old Dusan Danilovic, who was killed in a pile-up on January 1, 2011.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 4 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 10 Former Woodford Police Station could become office space