Work begins on new Redbridge Council customer service centre
- Credit: google
Builders are starting work on a new customer service centre for Redbridge Council.
Located on the ground floor of Lynton House, High Road, Ilford, the centre is designed to improve face to face contact.
A council spokesman said: “We started to prepare for these works earlier this year when Lynton House closed to customers and a number of services were moved to Redbridge Central Library.
“(During the works) residents with an appointment will continue to be seen at the library.”
The new centre is said to be just one of many initiatives planned to make the council more accessible.
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge wants to ensure that those who live in the borough receive a quick and consistent response whether they make contact through phone, email or in person.
Once up and running, the customer service centre will replace housing, benefits and revenues walk-in services that were formerly located in Clements Road.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 3 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 9 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 10 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening