Woodford Liberal Synagogue raise nearly £2,000 with fun-filled summer fair
- Credit: Archant
Four generations came together to raise nearly £2,000 for a synagogue at its summer fair.
The Woodford Liberal Synagogue held its summer fair in Lamburne End, Essex, two weeks ago.
A range of activities, including Hook-the-Duck, tug of war, a tombola, and throw a sponge at the Rabbi, kept the crowd entertained.
And the money was raised through the sale of refreshments.
Rabbi Richard Jacobi, of Woodford Liberal Synagogue, Malborough Road, South Woodford, said: “Blessed with a lovely British summer afternoon, I was able to enjoy three, if not four generations mingling, smiling, laughing and chatting with each other.
You may also want to watch:
“On such a day even having wet sponges thrown at me was an uplifting communal experience.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 7 Sikh volunteer group hands out food to celebrate International Langar Week
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor