Woodford Green star rugby player donates award win to club
A budding rugby star has been recognised for his achievements by being given a Jack Petchey Award.
William Cooper-Rendu of Chiltern Way, Woodford Green, was nominated for the award by his rugby club where he plays for the Woodford Colts.
The 17-year-old said: “It feels great to give something back to the club that has given me so much and hopefully it will be a nice step forward for this important year for the Woodford Colts team.”
He was nominated by Woodford Rugby Club, High Road, Woodford Green for his contribution to his team and the club.
William said: “I was lucky enough to be part of a great junior set-up at Woodford as well as the most successful team that the club has ever had with ten Essex players and consistent titles under our belt.”
You may also want to watch:
He is now starting Year 13 of Chigwell School, High Road, Chigwell.
He will put the �200 prize money towards kit for the squad.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 8 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead