Woodford Green star rugby player donates award win to club
A budding rugby star has been recognised for his achievements by being given a Jack Petchey Award.
William Cooper-Rendu of Chiltern Way, Woodford Green, was nominated for the award by his rugby club where he plays for the Woodford Colts.
The 17-year-old said: “It feels great to give something back to the club that has given me so much and hopefully it will be a nice step forward for this important year for the Woodford Colts team.”
He was nominated by Woodford Rugby Club, High Road, Woodford Green for his contribution to his team and the club.
William said: “I was lucky enough to be part of a great junior set-up at Woodford as well as the most successful team that the club has ever had with ten Essex players and consistent titles under our belt.”
You may also want to watch:
He is now starting Year 13 of Chigwell School, High Road, Chigwell.
He will put the �200 prize money towards kit for the squad.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 6 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 7 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 9 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 10 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford