Woodford Green shooting victim ‘contracts infection in hospital’
The Woodford Green trader shot three times last week had been “making progress” in hospital but now has an infection, a family friend has said this morning.
The co-owner of milkshake parlour Cakes and Shakes in High Road, named locally as James Bryant, 24, suffered serious injuries after the attack on Monday of last week.
The friend said: “James is still hanging in there. He is a fighter and a strong lad.”
A 21-year-old man is at Redbridge Magistrates Court today charged with attempted murder over the shooting.
Temidire Owalabi of no fixed address, was charged on Saturday with attempted murder, possession of a shotgun with intent to endanger life on November 12; and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life on November 14.
You may also want to watch:
Three other men arrested in connection with the investigation have been bailed to a date in early January pending further inquiries.
Two days before there was another shooting at the milkshake bar, but no one was injured.
- 1 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 2 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 3 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 6 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Sam Tarry MP: 'My focus is on job creation in Ilford'
- 8 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder