Woodford Green shooting victim ‘contracts infection in hospital’
The Woodford Green trader shot three times last week had been “making progress” in hospital but now has an infection, a family friend has said this morning.
The co-owner of milkshake parlour Cakes and Shakes in High Road, named locally as James Bryant, 24, suffered serious injuries after the attack on Monday of last week.
The friend said: “James is still hanging in there. He is a fighter and a strong lad.”
A 21-year-old man is at Redbridge Magistrates Court today charged with attempted murder over the shooting.
Temidire Owalabi of no fixed address, was charged on Saturday with attempted murder, possession of a shotgun with intent to endanger life on November 12; and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life on November 14.
You may also want to watch:
Three other men arrested in connection with the investigation have been bailed to a date in early January pending further inquiries.
Two days before there was another shooting at the milkshake bar, but no one was injured.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 5 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 8 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 9 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 10 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole