Woodford Green shooting: Man remanded in custody
A 21-year-old man has been remanded in custody after being charged with the attempted murder of a Woodford Green trader.
Temidire Owalabi, of Brandon Close, Chafford Hundred was at Redbridge Magistrates Court this morning and will appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on January 30.
Owalabi was charged on Saturday with attempted murder, possession of a shotgun with intent to endanger life on November 12; and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life on November 14.
A family friend of victim, named locally as James Bryant, who co-owns milkshake parlour Cakes and Shakes in High Road, earlier told how the 24-year-old had been “making progress” in hospital but now has an infection.
He was shot three times during the attack on Monday of last week.
You may also want to watch:
Three other men arrested in connection with the investigation have been bailed to a date in early January pending further inquiries.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Redbridge Tories urge front desk re-opening at Barkingside Police Station
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash