Woodford Green shooting: Man remanded in custody
A 21-year-old man has been remanded in custody after being charged with the attempted murder of a Woodford Green trader.
Temidire Owalabi, of Brandon Close, Chafford Hundred was at Redbridge Magistrates Court this morning and will appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on January 30.
Owalabi was charged on Saturday with attempted murder, possession of a shotgun with intent to endanger life on November 12; and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life on November 14.
A family friend of victim, named locally as James Bryant, who co-owns milkshake parlour Cakes and Shakes in High Road, earlier told how the 24-year-old had been “making progress” in hospital but now has an infection.
He was shot three times during the attack on Monday of last week.
You may also want to watch:
Three other men arrested in connection with the investigation have been bailed to a date in early January pending further inquiries.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation