Woodford Green school mums prepare for hospice’s charity night walk
Mums at a South Woodford school will be among those taking part in an illuminating night to raise money for the Haven House Children’s Hospice.
The group of eight women, who have children at Churchfields Infants’ and Junior schools in Churchfields, got some practice in this morning ahead of the charity’s Glowalk.
The night-time 10km challenge sees walkers don brightly-coloured clothing and accessories and raises funds for the hospice in High Road, Woodford Green.
Mel Field, 39, of Darnley Road, Woodford Green, will take part in the walk on September 28 with daughter Isabella, seven.
Mel was supported by Haven House after losing her eight-year-old daughter Molly to a brain tumour in 2010 and their family has raised �46,000 for the cause.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Terminally ill children deserve to have some kind of quality of life and [the hospice] gives that to them.
“Since Molly passed away, they’ve been unbelievably supportive.”
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
More than 300 people took part in the walk last year which starts and ends at Haven House, taking in Woodford Green, South Woodford and Wanstead.
Entry is �15 for adults, �12 for under-16s.
To book, email email@example.com or call 020 8506 3637.