Woodford Green school mums prepare for hospice’s charity night walk
Mums at a South Woodford school will be among those taking part in an illuminating night to raise money for the Haven House Children’s Hospice.
The group of eight women, who have children at Churchfields Infants’ and Junior schools in Churchfields, got some practice in this morning ahead of the charity’s Glowalk.
The night-time 10km challenge sees walkers don brightly-coloured clothing and accessories and raises funds for the hospice in High Road, Woodford Green.
Mel Field, 39, of Darnley Road, Woodford Green, will take part in the walk on September 28 with daughter Isabella, seven.
Mel was supported by Haven House after losing her eight-year-old daughter Molly to a brain tumour in 2010 and their family has raised �46,000 for the cause.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Terminally ill children deserve to have some kind of quality of life and [the hospice] gives that to them.
“Since Molly passed away, they’ve been unbelievably supportive.”
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 8 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 9 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
More than 300 people took part in the walk last year which starts and ends at Haven House, taking in Woodford Green, South Woodford and Wanstead.
Entry is �15 for adults, �12 for under-16s.
To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8506 3637.