Woodford Green pupils tour Manchester United’s stomping ground
A WOODFORD Green school travelled to Manchester United’s Theatre of Dreams to take part in the national final of an enterprise challenge.
After winning the London heat five pupils from Woodbridge High School in St Barnabas Road made the journey to Old Trafford.
The team, consisting of Adam Cane, James Dobran, Jamie Minns, Florence Tolson and Tom Pearson, all 15, were tasked with creating new and improved communication channels for clubs to engage young fans.
They delivered a slideshow presentation to explain their ideas which included an iPhone application for fans to stream matches on. After impressing judges they finished as runners up.
Teacher Safina Khatun said: “I was delighted with the way the students conducted themselves.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m so proud of their achievements and they have got long and successful careers in business ahead of them.”
The team have now been invited to present at Fulham FC after representatives of the Premier League club saw potential in their ideas.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 4 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 5 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 6 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Ilford North MP questions home secretary over 'lost' police records
- 8 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 9 Inquest into murdered nursing student fails to establish cause of death
- 10 Seven Kings novelist among winners of London Writers Awards
During the event the teenagers enjoyed VIP treatment and relaxed in an executive box while also getting the chance to meet United defenders Chris Smalling and John O’ Shea.
James said: “It was the experience of a lifetime and an opportunity not to be missed.
“The executive box was so flash and we had an awesome view of the stadium from our personal balcony.”
Jamie added: “This was a great chance to show off our business skills and I was very happy with how the presentation went.
“The judges asked some challenging questions and we able to answer them professionally.”