Woodford Green pub The Travellers Friend faces closure threat
A Woodford Green pub is under threat of closure after its owner went into administration.
The Travellers Friend, of High Road, has been trading since the development, but its future is in doubt after the collapse of the Bramwell Pub Company.
Administrators Zolfo Cooper, who were appointed on October 31, have been seeking a buyer for the site.
Last Friday it was announced that 78 of Bramwell’s sites have been bought by the Stonegate Pub Company, but others have closed.
Peter Saville, a partner at the administrators, said in a statement the company was “extremely pleased” about the sales.
You may also want to watch:
But he added: “Our focus now is on working to secure futures for the remainder of the estate and we continue to invite parties wishing to make an expression of interest in these sites to contact Zolfo Cooper.”
A spokesman for The Travellers Friend could not be reached.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 4 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?