Woodford Green mother and daughter cut off 16 inches of hair for charity
A mother and daughter had 16 inches of their hair cut off to donate to a charity which makes wigs for children undergoing cancer treatment.
Laura Goodman, 29, and Claire Perry, 57, have raised more than �1,800 which is enough to buy six wigs.
Mrs Goodman, of Hale End Road, Woodford Green, said: “My mum grew her hair specifically to donate which took about four-and-a-half years, but I’ve never had my hair this short before.
“I was quite scared to have it done but I don’t regret it at all.”
The hair will be given to the Little Princess Trust.
You may also want to watch:
To donate, or to find out more, visit www.justgiving.com/Laura-and-Claire.
- 1 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Police meet with Jewish communities after attack on rabbi in Chigwell
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Two men arrested on suspicion of GBH following hospitalisation of rabbi
- 8 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 9 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 10 Clayhall pupils grill Matt Hancock and Dominic Raab