Woodford Green mother and daughter cut off 16 inches of hair for charity
A mother and daughter had 16 inches of their hair cut off to donate to a charity which makes wigs for children undergoing cancer treatment.
Laura Goodman, 29, and Claire Perry, 57, have raised more than �1,800 which is enough to buy six wigs.
Mrs Goodman, of Hale End Road, Woodford Green, said: “My mum grew her hair specifically to donate which took about four-and-a-half years, but I’ve never had my hair this short before.
“I was quite scared to have it done but I don’t regret it at all.”
The hair will be given to the Little Princess Trust.
You may also want to watch:
To donate, or to find out more, visit www.justgiving.com/Laura-and-Claire.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say