Woodford Green man scoops �1,500 in Haven House Lottery
One lucky Woodford Green resident has scooped the top prize in a special children’s charity lottery, collecting �1,500.
Peter Rose, from Mason Avenue, walked away with the first prize in the Haven House Lottery, which raises money for the hospice which is based in High Road, Woodford Green.
He said: “I was keen to play the hospice lottery, as the money it raises helps to support an amazing cause, right here on my doorstep. The odds are obviously better than playing a national initiative and I’m delighted to have won the top prize.
“This money will certainly come in useful in the run up to Christmas and I urge other residents to sign up to be in with a chance of doing the same.”
Since its launch earlier this year, over 1,500 local residents have signed-up to the scheme.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Palfreman, chief executive, added: “We know that in the current economic climate, people may not have the extra funds to regularly donate, so the lottery is an ideal solution, as it means a constant revenue stream us and the chance for players to win something back.”
For more information please call 0845 122 0772 or visit the website www.localhospicelottery.org.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 6 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 9 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 10 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown