Woodford Green man scoops �1,500 in Haven House Lottery
One lucky Woodford Green resident has scooped the top prize in a special children’s charity lottery, collecting �1,500.
Peter Rose, from Mason Avenue, walked away with the first prize in the Haven House Lottery, which raises money for the hospice which is based in High Road, Woodford Green.
He said: “I was keen to play the hospice lottery, as the money it raises helps to support an amazing cause, right here on my doorstep. The odds are obviously better than playing a national initiative and I’m delighted to have won the top prize.
“This money will certainly come in useful in the run up to Christmas and I urge other residents to sign up to be in with a chance of doing the same.”
Since its launch earlier this year, over 1,500 local residents have signed-up to the scheme.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Palfreman, chief executive, added: “We know that in the current economic climate, people may not have the extra funds to regularly donate, so the lottery is an ideal solution, as it means a constant revenue stream us and the chance for players to win something back.”
For more information please call 0845 122 0772 or visit the website www.localhospicelottery.org.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 8 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say