Woodford Green hospice raises �13,000 with summer fair
The Haven House children’s hospice in Woodford Green raised �13,000 with its summer fair in glorious sunshine on Sunday.
More than 1,000 people attended for an afternoon including penalty shoot-outs, a treasure hunt and stalls at the hospice in High Road.
There were two miniature horses at the fair as well as animals from Paradise Wildlife Park.
Firefighters from Chingford fire station and Miss Commonwealth Hayley Mac both lent their support on the day and chatted to children from the hospice and their families.
Mike Palfreman, the hospice’s chief executive, said: “It was wonderful to see so many members of the community out enjoying the fair and supporting their local children’s hospice.”
You may also want to watch:
The event was supported by Johal Regan surveyors, Bluebird Care, Sytner Chigwell MINI and Woodford Rugby Club.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation