Woodford Green hospice raises �13,000 with summer fair
The Haven House children’s hospice in Woodford Green raised �13,000 with its summer fair in glorious sunshine on Sunday.
More than 1,000 people attended for an afternoon including penalty shoot-outs, a treasure hunt and stalls at the hospice in High Road.
There were two miniature horses at the fair as well as animals from Paradise Wildlife Park.
Firefighters from Chingford fire station and Miss Commonwealth Hayley Mac both lent their support on the day and chatted to children from the hospice and their families.
Mike Palfreman, the hospice’s chief executive, said: “It was wonderful to see so many members of the community out enjoying the fair and supporting their local children’s hospice.”
You may also want to watch:
The event was supported by Johal Regan surveyors, Bluebird Care, Sytner Chigwell MINI and Woodford Rugby Club.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 8 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 9 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 10 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London