Woodford Green firefighters called to the rescue... of a distressed deer stuck between a fence and wall
Firefighters came to the rescue of a young Muntjac deer in Woodford Green this afternoon after it got stuck between a fence and a wall.
They were called to help the distressed animal with the assistance of the RSPCA near houses in Cross Way.
Air bags were used to widen the space in which it was trapped before the firefighters could get it out.
Watch manager Terry Jayes, from Woodford fire station, said: “We put a collar around it. It was screaming quite a lot.
“It was getting itself more and more into a state.”
You may also want to watch:
The deer was placed into a box and once it had calmed down, was due to be taken to Epping Forest.
Mr Jayes said: “Hopefully it will live a happy and peaceful life.”
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station