Woodford Green charity launches new website to combat forced marriages
A new website and free of charge helpline has been launched by a Woodford Green charity aiming to combat forced marriages.
The JAN Trust, in Bedford Road, provides a range of services for woman who are being, or have been, pressured to enter a marriage against their will.
The charity also raises awareness of domestic violence and honour based crimes.
Sajda Mughal, from the JAN Trust, said: “The dedicated website and helpline are in a variety of community languages.
“We are also able to provide advice and guidance to practitioners including teachers and GP’s on this important issue.”
You may also want to watch:
More information is available at www.againstforcedmarriages.org or from their free helpline on 0800 141 2994.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 9 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 10 'Urgent' project to protect historic grotto gets approval