Woodford Green Cakes and Shakes shooting: Second man charged
A second man has been charged in connection with the day-time shooting at an ice-cream parlour in Woodford Green.
James Bryant, the co-owner of the Cakes and Shakes shop, was shot there on November 14 and only left hospital this month.
The Met police arrested and charged Romaine Arthur, 23, of Hazel Way, Chingford, last Wednesday with perverting the course of justice, witness intimidation and conspiracy to murder.
He was remanded to appear at the Old Bailey today with Temidire Owalabi, 21, who is charged with attempted murder;
possession of a shotgun with intent to endanger life and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
You may also want to watch:
Both men will enter a plea at the Old Bailey on March 12.
An 18-year-old man was also arrested last Wednesday in connection with the shooting and has been bailed to return to an east London police station on March 21.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 6 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 7 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 8 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 9 Councillor's year-long running challenge ends with £1.2k foodbank donation
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'