Woodford Green Cakes and Shakes shooting: Second man charged
A second man has been charged in connection with the day-time shooting at an ice-cream parlour in Woodford Green.
James Bryant, the co-owner of the Cakes and Shakes shop, was shot there on November 14 and only left hospital this month.
The Met police arrested and charged Romaine Arthur, 23, of Hazel Way, Chingford, last Wednesday with perverting the course of justice, witness intimidation and conspiracy to murder.
He was remanded to appear at the Old Bailey today with Temidire Owalabi, 21, who is charged with attempted murder;
possession of a shotgun with intent to endanger life and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
You may also want to watch:
Both men will enter a plea at the Old Bailey on March 12.
An 18-year-old man was also arrested last Wednesday in connection with the shooting and has been bailed to return to an east London police station on March 21.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 5 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London