Woodford Green Cakes and Shakes shooting: Second man charged
A second man has been charged in connection with the day-time shooting at an ice-cream parlour in Woodford Green.
James Bryant, the co-owner of the Cakes and Shakes shop, was shot there on November 14 and only left hospital this month.
The Met police arrested and charged Romaine Arthur, 23, of Hazel Way, Chingford, last Wednesday with perverting the course of justice, witness intimidation and conspiracy to murder.
He was remanded to appear at the Old Bailey today with Temidire Owalabi, 21, who is charged with attempted murder;
possession of a shotgun with intent to endanger life and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
You may also want to watch:
Both men will enter a plea at the Old Bailey on March 12.
An 18-year-old man was also arrested last Wednesday in connection with the shooting and has been bailed to return to an east London police station on March 21.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 8 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 9 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation