Woodford Green body near stream named as 18-year-old Luke Harwood
The identity of an 18-year-old man found dead near Broadmead Fields in Woodford Green has been confirmed as Luke Harwood.
Mr Harwood, of Havering, was found by police at 10.37pm on Monday and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Four men aged 19, 20, 26 and 29 and a 20-year-old woman were arrested near to the area and remain in custody.
It is believed an argument took place which led to the victim’s death.
A resident, who did not want to be named, said: “I’m angry that this has happened. These things happen all the time and we are the last to hear about it. If we are in danger then we need to know.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for anyone who saw anything suspicious, in particular a blue Fiat Punto in Courtland Close or activity near the bridge in Chigwell Road (close to the Jet petrol station) from Sunday evening through to Monday night, to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact officers on 020 8345 3865 or if you wish to remain anonymous Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 5 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 8 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion