Woodford Green body near stream named as 18-year-old Luke Harwood
The identity of an 18-year-old man found dead near Broadmead Fields in Woodford Green has been confirmed as Luke Harwood.
Mr Harwood, of Havering, was found by police at 10.37pm on Monday and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Four men aged 19, 20, 26 and 29 and a 20-year-old woman were arrested near to the area and remain in custody.
It is believed an argument took place which led to the victim’s death.
A resident, who did not want to be named, said: “I’m angry that this has happened. These things happen all the time and we are the last to hear about it. If we are in danger then we need to know.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for anyone who saw anything suspicious, in particular a blue Fiat Punto in Courtland Close or activity near the bridge in Chigwell Road (close to the Jet petrol station) from Sunday evening through to Monday night, to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact officers on 020 8345 3865 or if you wish to remain anonymous Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 7 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague
- 8 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening