Woodford Green Blockbuster branch safe for now following closures announcement
The Woodford Green branch of struggling DVD rental chain Blockbuster is not among 129 stores which will close.
The home entertainment company went into administration on Wednesday and the closures, on top of 31 already planned, were announced on Saturday.
The store in The Broadway, and 368 others, will continue to trade but administrators Deloitte are considering further closures.
A spokesman said: “There’s about 100 stores that are considered as marginal meaning they’re unprofitable.
“But with significant support from landlords they could be turned around.”
You may also want to watch:
She could not confirm if The Broadway branch is among these 100 stores and couldn’t say when further announcements will be made.
Staff at the store have been asked not to comment by their employers.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 6 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 7 'It's a surreal feeling': New coffee shop opens in Redbridge
- 8 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 9 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 10 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
The company has declined in the face of increased competition from online business.