Woodford Festival launches with fun for all the family
Music, exhibitions and art events will be on offer at a week-long attraction.
The Woodford Festival kicks off today, with a range of activities for all the family.
The launch event will begin at 11am outside the Boots store in George Lane, South Woodford, with deputy mayor Cllr Linda Huggett officially launching the celebrations.
Visitors will be able to enjoy live music and tasters of performances which will be taking place during the festival.
Other attractions in South Woodford at the weekend will include a jazz band performance in Waitrose’s coffee shop and a 1929 Rolls Royce on display at St Mary’s Church.
You may also want to watch:
Activities in Woodford Green will include an art trail and an open garden event at Hurst House to mark its 300th anniversary.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine