Woodford AC wind up indoor season in style
Woodford Green with Essex Ladies completed their indoor season taking home three gold, four silver and five bronze medals from the Essex Championships at Lee Valley.
Omololu Abiodun ran 22.22 seconds to claim the under-20s 200 metres title following on from his silver medal winning performance in the 60m, where he equalled his personal best time of 7.09.
Joseph Dewer smashed his personal best to win gold in the under-17s triple jump, with a leap of 12.45m and Peter Kirabo took the under-20s triple jump crown, with a huge 13.89m.
Joseph Dewer continued his success with two further medals. A leap of 6.06m in the long jump was good enough for silver, while in the 60m he clocked 7.24 to bag the bronze medal.
Brother Shayne Dewer was also among the medals, winning bronze in the under-13s 60m hurdles, finishing in 10.84.
There were silver medals in the under-20s long jump for Hollie Pattie-Belleli, who leapt 5.09m and Dan Yaxley in the under-20s 400m, who ran a personal best 52.32.
Colin Wint won bronze in the under-20s 200m, crossing the line in 23.30, Tyler Brown was third in the under-17 200m, finishing in 23.77 and Ryan Dune also took bronze, clocking 4.33.82 in the under-17 1,500m.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Redbridge Council is watching you: Mobile CCTV vehicle set to tackle crime
- 3 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 5 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
- 6 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 7 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 8 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 9 BBC documentary based on BHRUT nurses scoops award
- 10 Things to do in east London this weekend
Karl Jervier narrowly missed out on a medal, finishing fourth in the under-17 60m in 7.29 and Hasif Bedford was also denied a place on the podium, running the under-20s 200m event in 23.52, which was only good enough for fourth.